The Alumni Awards recognise and honour the outstanding achievements of alumni of a UK higher education. Past award winners include Yifan Ling , an internationally best-selling comic book artist, and Ria Sharma , whose organisation ‘Make Love Not Scars’ works with victims of acid attacks in India.
This year, the Alumni Awards are bigger than ever. We have the National Awards, held in twelve different countries; the Regional Awards, featuring alumni from anywhere in the world; and the Global Awards, where winners of the Regional Awards go head to head. See all the winners and regional finalists below.
Congratulations to our finalists for the Alumni Awards – East Asia/Pacific
- Gang Lu (China) – University of Sheffield
- Chi Wai Yung (Hong Kong) – University of London- International Programmes
- Violet Seow Yan Lim (Singapore) – London School of Economics, University of Manchester
Professional Achievement Award
- Jiafu Ji (China) – Cardiff University
- Ron Salo (Philippines) – University College London
- Melvin Sanicas (Singapore) – University of London – International Programmes, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of Aberdeen, University of Leeds
Social Impact Award
- Katherine Acheson (Australia) – University of Manchester
- Baby Ruth Villarama (Philippines) – Birmingham City University
- Yoke Pean Thye (Singapore) – Imperial College London